What do people think about me?
Are they impressed? Put off? Offended by me in some way? Do they think I’m too heavy, obnoxious or out of shape? Do they look at me with pride or disapproval?
There’s not too much we can do about all that, and we shouldn’t waste much time pondering such questions. But although I can’t help you with that, let me help you understand how God views you.
- First, you are fearfully and wonderfully made by God Himself (Psalm 139, Ephesians 2:10).
- God’s had his eye on you for a long time since before creation. (Ephesians 1:4,5)
- You can’t do anything, nor can anything be done to you to keep God from loving you. (Romans 8:38,39)
- There is royalty running through your veins. (I Peter 2:9)
- You are a beacon of life to those around you. (Matthew 5:14)
- God has chosen to actually live in you (I Corinthians 3:16) and He considers you ‘salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13) as you represent Him.
- God is so pleased with you that He rejoices over your life and actually gloats over you in song! (Zephaniah 3:17)
- You have been freed from slavery and given citizenship with the saints of old… it’s your new ‘family tree’ (Ephesians 2:19 and Galatians 4:6,7)
- God cares deeply and personally for you. (I Peter 5:6,7)
- God’s eye is always on you and you are never out of his sight (Psalm 33:18)
- You are destined to be a victor (Romans 8:37)
In conclusion, you don’t live under condemnation (Romans 8:1) – have been given power, love and self-control (I Timothy 1:7) and have grasped the reason why we celebrate the birth of Christ:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son,
that whoever believes in him should not perish
but have eternal life.” John 3:16 ESV