Let’s try this again! I am sorry and not at all sure how I managed to send this week’s devotional for ‘password approval’ only. You need to know that since my first Fresh Heart devotional the end of 2003 I have always intended for anything you read here… once it leaves me and gets to you – is yours to do with as you wish. You never need to ask permission to reuse or quote from it. If you think it could bless someone, by all means pass it on. So let’s start over and again… I’m sorry for the confusion.
My iPhone just keeps getting smarter!
Using a combination of buttons I can:
- Call anywhere in the world ands the face of the person who answers
- Discover the temperature and wind speed for my location
- Watch my favorite professional football team’s entire game
- Order any one of 50,000 items and have it delivered to my door
- Find out where the latest earthquakes have occurred
- Order a coffee drink to be picked up in ten minutes
- Send a note to 850 friends with just one click
- Track my physical progress (or lack thereof) including weight, pulse, blood pressure and carb intake
- Read any number of tens of thousands of books on its tiny screen
- Peruse multiple thousands of photos any time I wish
This list could go on and on and on since I haven’t even scratched the surface of my phone’s amazing capabilities. However… there is not a button that can put me through directly to the President’s phone.
But I can instantly have a private conversation with the Creator of the world – I can receive wisdom that’s out of this world – I can transfer incredibly heavy burdens to Someone who promises to carry them for me – I can be utterly honest and vulnerable with God and never be put down for it – Through prayer I can gain healing, see broken relationships restored and pull Almighty God into any situations I may find myself in.
Is it any wonder why someone once said, “When we get to heaven, we’re all going to be embarrassed that we didn’t pray more!”
So my question to you is this: Are you using prayer only as a spare tire, or utilizing it as the steering wheel getting you through life?
“I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God.
Bend down and listen as I pray.” Psalm 17:6 NLT
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.”
Philippians 4:6 NIV