“No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful;
he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,
he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” I Corinthians 10:13 NIV
Do you ever feel like the spiritual battle is being lost – by you and possibly everyone else who is trusting God for victory? We are told in Scripture that our enemy Satan prowls, tempts, deceives, lies and has plans to ‘steal and kill and destroy.’ (John 10:10)
And from legitimate news and fake news we get the feeling like it’s all going his way. And we shudder and hope heaven gets to us before it’s too late. The former nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Robert Bork is said to have composed this limerick:
God’s plan made a hopeful beginning,
But man spoiled his chances by sinning.
We trust that the story
Will end with God’s glory,
But at present, the other side’s winning.
But even in the darkest of nights, with winds of adversity howling and bad news battering us relentlessly … we are not to surrender our confidence (Hebrews 10:35). There are times when we must make a conscious decision as to where and in whom we put our trust.
This is one of those times!
Here is the real news to download into your heart:
- “In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” Romans 8:37 NIV
- “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their vindication is from Me, declares the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17 NIV
- “Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7 NIV
- “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” II Thessalonians 3:3
- “The Lord will cause you enemies who rise against you to be defeated before you. They shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.” Deuteronomy 28:8 NIV
- “Do not fear them, for the Lord your God is the one fighting for you.” Deuteronomy 3:11 NIV
- “Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Our victory is already decreed and secured. Don’t allow temporary skirmishes to get you to doubt it.